Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lanham Method

I use writing as a way to escape life. Whether this is a good or bad thing, you can decide. It works for me. Moving from one time period to another is something I love to experience. Reading is an important aspect of my life. Both professionally and personally, reading inspires me with new and creative ideas.

I don't remember reading for the first time, but I do remember laying my bed reading with my Mom. We read books like The Fourteen Bears in Summer and Winter by Evelyn Scott and James in the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. Seeing my mom read constantly caused me to bring a book with me everywhere I go.

My reading really took off in high school. In AP English class, I read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. Exposing myself to that kind of reading level is a growing experience. I found that plot and characters is not all there is to a story. All of a sudden I saw deeper meanings and themes.

...

2 comments:

  1. Looks good to me! It was weird taking all the extra stuff out...even if I didn't feel like it was extra! It's hard to do! I remember you reading this to me though and I really liked all the visual imagery you added!
    Looks like you did everything correct here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. One possible revision that I think follows the Lanham Method is in the sentence, "moving from one time period to another is something I love to experience." Since you is moving from one time period to another, the who-does-what approach might restate the sentence something like this: "I love to experience moving from one time period to another." I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete